Pages

The truth are inside of the pictures

Jul 18, 2013

Hijab for me

Assalammualaikum for all my readers. Today I would like to share about my experience in changing my life to Hijab (cover my head part). This writing is more to religious but I hope that you will not miss-understanding because this is base on my experience and not for the arguments. The question is... How do I change to Hijab?
And tell the believing women to reduce [some] of their vision and guard their private parts and not expose their adornment except that which [necessarily] appears thereof and to wrap [a portion of] their head covers over their chests and not expose their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers, their brothers' sons, their sisters' sons, their women, that which their right hands possess, or those male attendants having no physical desire, or children who are not yet aware of the private aspects of women. And let them not stamp their feet to make known what they conceal of their adornment. And turn to Allah in repentance, all of you, O believers, that you might succeed.
(Surah an-Nur verse 31)

Firstly, I want to emphasize that we must cover our self as a Muslim or even can't says "NO" or "NEVER". There are 2 types of people in this life, 1 is a good and 1 is a bad. As a people, we should know the characters of these people. Allah s.w.t gift brain to human to be smart on thinking but not to judging. The judgement on a person only will occur in the judgement day (kiamat). As a teacher (in Arabic called ustaz or ustazah) assigned to advise a person to do good but not to judging. So my experience is, I have a several good friend who really support me in changing my life. Before this, seriously I seldom to accept for any advises because people keep talking a negative perception about myself. It is like forcing, humiliation and I never heard something that really inspired me. I am understand for people who are never cover them self (woman + Hijab) for the whole life from children until they changed. Even me, I am 27 years old and since child I never feel want to change. But now alhamdulillah...

Back to my friends topic. First my friend said :
"We know Hijab is a law for us in Islam. For me, I don't like to force my friend but I belief that you will change one day InsyaAllah . However, I respect you even you have not cover your self yet, but never forget your prayer and care what you wear."
This is one of the good advise from my friend which is really make my spirited up. As a fact to people who is not cover them self yet or do the things that are forbidden by Allah s.w.t, for them is hard to receive for several advise or even they accept but in their heart said something synonym about it (depends on how the advise is). So the type of people like me, we should encourage them to change, give them chance to cure them self, and always praise them that they do good things such as keep praying, give alms, not stingy, not arrogant, care what their wear and so on. In al-Quran verse wrote :
O Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to bring down over themselves [part] of their outer garments. That is more suitable that they will be known and not be abused. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful. (Surah al- ahzab verse 59)

So, this will make them feel like appreciated and there are still people who looked of kindness. I give an example. To raise the spirit of the child in toward success are with an absorption the words of praising what they done such as "You did a good job" "Wow, what you did is really awesome" "I know you can do it" "It is so wonderful" "You're one of the best" and so on. In psychology term, the words of praising will inspire someone to move forward because they think they can do it and also will raise the confident in one's self.

Second my friend had shared a story to us and she said :

"I have a story about 2 women which is 1 who wearing hijab and one who not. A man of Allah asked for the first woman, "Why do you cover your head?" And she answered "I don't want to have a sins because not covering my head and I want to protect my dignity." Than, a man of Allah asked for the second woman, "If one day you will change yourself InsyaAllah to hijab and why do you cover it?" And she answered, "With Nawaitu (نـَوَيْتُ) means intend or purpose to cover my self InsyaAllah for the sake of Allah and to please Him.

For the moral of the story, Nawaitu is an intention to do something because of Allah for acceptable provided we doing in worship. Sincerely in our purpose indirectly increase the value and quality of our Iman (faith). Keep our intentions in the beginning, middle and end of each work will help us to stay focused and motivated. As a result, we will finish our work on time and the result will be the best. So our Nawaitu is very important to start what we doing. Back to the topic, my perception, sins is not only come from without covering body part. It is depend on our self which mean it can be from eyes, ears, finger or hand, feet, mouth, body, behavior, speech and so on. So, after I heard what my friend said it had inspired my self to put my intention above why I want to change. My nawaitu for hijab is not a reason to avoid from sins, but it is for faith. Faith is everything to clean our mind, body and soul.

I got this from facebook page click this link

Tazkirah Ramadhan: Jangan anggap KITA LEBIH

Sehebat mana kita, atau sejauhmana cemerlang kita....janganlah kita selalu menganggap diri kita sentiasa LEBIH!!!!!!

Kita diciptakan oleh maha Pencipta iaitu Allah s.w.t di dunia ini adalah untuk saling bantu-membantu.kita ibarat seperti jari-jari tangan kita, ada yang panjang, ada yang pendek..ada yang kecil, ada yang besar. Setiap satu masing-masing mempunyai peranan untuk kita mengambil atau memegang makanan. Oleh itu jika hilang satu di antara jari kita, maka agak sukarlah kita mengambil makanan...begitulah ibaratnya kita masing-masing mempunyai kelebihan tersendiri..bukan sentiasa lebih daripada orang lain.

Terdapat beberapa panduan yang digariskan oleh Imam Al-Ghazali supaya kita tidak bersifat sombong dan angkuh sementara berada di muka bumi Allah ini.

1. Jika berjumpa dengan kanak-kanak , anggaplah kanak-kanak itu lebih mulia daripada kita. Ini kerana kanak-kanak ini belum melakukan dosa, sedangkan kita entah berapa banyak berdosa sesama manusia dan kepada Allah s.w.t.

2. Bila bertemu dengan orang yang lebih tua, anggaplah mereka lebih mulia daripada kita. Ini kerana mereka sudah lama beribadat dan sudah banyak pengetahuan dan pengalaman daripada kita.

3. Jika berjumpa dengan orang alim, anggaplah dia lebih mulia daripada kita. Ini kerana dia mempunyai banyak ilmu yang telah dipelajari dan diketahui daripada kita.

4. Bila melihat orang yang jahil, anggaplah dia lebih mulia daripada kita. Ini kerana dia membuat dosa dalam keadaan dia jahil. Sedangkan kita membuat dosa dalam keadaan kita mengetahuinya.

5. Jika melihat orang yang jahat, janganlah anggap kita lebih mulia daripada dia. Ini kerana mungkin suatu hari nanti dia akan menyesal dan insaf serta bertaubat atas kesalahannya.

6. Apabila bertemu dengan orang kafir, katakan dalam hati kita bahawa mungkin pada suatu hari nanti dia akan diberi hidayah oleh Allah dan akan memeluk Agama Islam. Maka segala dosanya akan diampunkan oleh Allah...sedangkan kita.....

Justeru itu..sebagai peringatan kepoada diri saya dan kepada saudara semua...janganlah kita selalu menganggap KITA SELALU LEBIH...astagafirullahhalazim

Sumber Artikel: @Zaitun Rambli

Please see the translation for the English

Before I end up my writing, I want to say thank you for my friends, Feeza and Syahadah (Kak yong) accidently inspired my self to change even it is sound not really like advising but sharing story. Sharing is caring isn't? So, Alhamdulillah.. I change because of my self and for the sake of Allah. I don't care about fashion or style. What I care is I need a faith to bring my self success and happiness in this world and the hereafter, InsyaAllah. Allahualam and thank you for read.

No comments:

Post a Comment